dimecres, de maig 02, 2007

Summer Palace

"I opened my photo album today.
I saw a picture of Zhou Wei.
My heart raced again.
One look at him
and I felt the joy and the pain.
Staring at his face
I asked myself,
On such a calm and open face,
all rectitude and resolution,
how is it that I couldn't see a trace,
not a shadow, that could make me doubt?

Why is it that no matter what this man had said to me, or what he had done to me, I do not really care, my heart still belongs to him?"

escriu en el seu diari Yu-hong l’antiheroïna de Summer Palace una pel·lícula que ha estat censurada a la Xina no se sap si pel seu retrat de la llibertat del moviment estudiantil que va manifestar-se a Tiananmen o per les seves nombroses escenes eròtiques. Amb una estètica cuidadíssima, el director Zung Yue entra en els fangosos territoris de l'obsessió sentimental.